Dr. Nancy Doreo is a chiropractor, pilates and water aerobics instructor. She is dedicated to fitness and enhancing the conditions of those around her through chiropractic health and improved nutrition.
She is committed to eliminating the causes of illness through chiropractic and education, and promotes internal cleansing and increased fitness.
The doctor specializes in Applied Kinesiology. She uses the body’s muscle response and reflex as a barometer of health. Modalitites of diagnosis and treatment include: Gentle Manipulation, Activator, Accupuncture Meridians, Neurovascular, Neurolymphatic, Crainosacral Therapy, Massage Therapy, Nutrition, Health and Fitness Appraisal.
- Graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic-West 1986
- Attended International College of Applied Kinesiology 1983 to present
Attended Institute of Functional Medicine 1990 to present
- Practiced Canyon Country 1987-88, 1988-1995 in Port Hueneme & Newbury Park/Thousand Oaks currently
- Chiropractor and mother of Nicolas (20+ years) and Marlena (17+ years)
- 550 hours of pathology alone in chiropractic college
- 360 hours of nutrition, pediatrics, geriatrics, ob/gyn, radiology, etc
- Post-grad studies: 700 hours + of Applied Kinesiology
- Additional training in treatment of brain & spinal cord injuries from the Upledger Institute of Craniosacral therapy and Institute of Functional Medicine
- Treatment of women and children/infants
- Cox Flexion Distraction Disc Injury Technique, certified to perform McKenzie rehabilitation, Certified Golf Injury Doctor
- Swedish Massage Instructor at Ventura College from 1990-1994
- Community Educator in Nutrition, Candida, Pressure Point Therapy, Stress, Alternative Health, Children’s Health, Environmental Protection at home, Eat Right for Your Blood Type, Thyroid Basics, Exercise and more
- Fund-raiser for non-profit organizations sa: PH Boys & Girls Club, Brain & Spinal Cord Center, San Francisco Earth Quake, 1994 Thousand Oaks Fire, Bobby Sox Softball, Calif. Association of Midwives, Steve Myers, FACE horse vaulting team
- Water Aerobics Instructor, Deep Water Conditioning Instructor, Pilates-Mat, Resist-a-Ball Instructor, Power Plate Trainer
- Emergency Water Rescue and CPR Certified
- Past Treasurer for the California Association of Midwives
- Animal Chiropractor for large and small animals
- Mastering the Thyroid, Neurotransmitters and Brain
- Health Coach ®, Certified First Line Therapy TLC, Science Based Nutrition
- Mastering the Thyroid
- Neurotransmitters and Brain
- Functional Blood Chemistry
- Carrick Institute: Neurochemistry & Nutrition 150 hours
- Postgraduate Studies in Functional Neurology through the Carrick Institute and Neurochemistry
- Memberships: ICAK and IAFNR
Fishing, SCUBA diving, horseback riding, motorcycling, mountain biking, skiing, camping, traveling, and teaching
Philosophy and care objectives
We believe that knowledge can be empowering. The more we understand our bodies and the mechanisms that cause injuries, the more committed we become to getting better. Our office is devoted to educating you about your body, how it works and how to heal it. We believe in working with our clients as partners, to learn from each other in our journey together to maximize health.
The body has the ability to heal itself. In Chiropractic, we facilitate that ability by adjusting the spine and unblocking the life force of the body. This allows the body to heal itself as it is designed to originally. Our purpose in Chiropractic is to help people feel better and to educate them in proper nutrition, chiropractic health, exercise, and the true cause of injury and illness. We weren’t born with owner’s manuals unfortunately, so it’s our job to educate you in the proper care of the body, and optimum performance so that you have the chance to optimize YOUR body’s performance.